Monday, March 14, 2011

Badab War characters competition WIP pt1

Here is a couple quick pics of one of the models I plan to enter in this competition. I originally built this guy just so I could tie my Raptors in with my other chapters. Once I saw the competition details I started to think about modifying him so he could be submitted.  Here he is as originally built, way back in January - but with some partial paint in the same style as the Raptor Legion Chaplain I finished as my first painting point in 2011.
Raptor Legion deathwatch marine
Here you can see I've magnetized a hand flamer from the new death company box to attach to the underside of his bolter so he can count as "Sternguard Sergeant Laufrey". I need to figure out if I really need to add the "chain attachment" or not.  Also got me thinking maybe I should do a melta attachment from an infernus pistol, might as well right?!? ;)
Counts as "Sternguard Sergeant Laufrey"

6 comments:

Paije said...

his chain attachment gives him rending

Tristan M said...

Thanks! Hmm that's gonna be tough to model.

daKING said...

I came up with the idea of him having a chain blade attachment that gave him rending but never considered that it would be awkward modeling that onto an already expanded combi-bolter.

If you can make it look legit more I bet he can sneak into the campaign book... ;)

~daKing

Tristan M said...

What do you think about modeling the chain blade onto his bolt pistol?

Crosser Modelling said...

Perhaps on top of the bolter, whipping off the sight? It was tricky hense I used a storm bolter on mine, but it looked so big I added a handle on the side so he could dual weild the thing!
I actually really like that combi flamer as is, I might pinch it if I ever add combi flamers to my blood angels if thats alright?

Tristan M said...

Of course you can.. I plan to make melta and plasma magnetized attachments as well. Don't wanna remove the scope as he's deathwatch. Usually they count as Sternguard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...