Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tale of 2HD Gamers = Victory

Whew, what a fun day. Played two games of 40K, losing both. Took first place in the challenge (yay!) and I wanna congratulate Thomas for making it interesting. Had me worried when he started pulling out objectives, I was definitely glad I wrote up the fluff and built terrain. Being the only two entrants who completed the challenge we split the 3rd place prize. I ended up with the AoBR box (to be ordered) and $10, while Thomas has $50 to work with. I really found this motivating and hope I can get some minis for the Tale of 2HD Gamers - WHFB.

Update - calculated the final scores, I'm in bold.
Month 4 scoring;
9 Thomas - fully painted, 1 game, 1 win, 2 objectives, 2 terrain pieces, best painted
9 Tristan - fully painted, 2 games, 1 objective, 2 terrain pieces, written fluff

Final standings;
29 Tristan - fully paintedx4, 7 games, 2 wins, 3 objectives, best paintedx2, 2 terrain pieces, written fluff - complete
24 Thomas - fully paintedx3, partially painted, 3 games, 2 wins, 2 objectives, best paintedx2, 2 terrain pieces - complete
6 Ian - fully paintedx2 - incomplete
5 Ken - fully painted, 2 games - incomplete
4 Josh - fully painted, 1 game - incomplete

For reference (Grey Knight)
16 Karl - fully paintedx4, 2 games, 2 wins - complete

Then played a great game of blood bowl with Karl, orc vs orc. It was pretty much a ruckus from the get-go. I stomped my way down the field, losing and re-gaining the football before scoring in the last turn of the half. Karl flung his gobbo for a touchdown. Fouling and the ref were much in evidence. My troll didn't go stupid once this game, and caused two casualties. Karls troll however spent much of the game stupid, costing him 2 wasted re-rolls failing his loner test, and at least two Blitz actions. Late in the game I had a failed attempt at using Hail Mary Pass with Diving Catch, and Karl started passing the ball upfield. He managed to get it to a lineman who I managed to get a tackle zone on by blitzing his troll with mine, and running my thrower in. I did run a lineman in but he fell. Karl went to blitz my thrower and failed his go for it without any re-rolls. I got a second chance at the Hail Mary / Diving Catch combo. Gobbo still managed to scuffle it. Game ends as a tie, 1-1. Awesome.

1 comment:

Siph_Horridus said...

Congrats fella. Well deserved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...